Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Best Small Cap Stocks - India 2009

Before listing the potential Small Cap stocks, I would like to let the readers know that the timing of the last post “Best Indian Stocks for Long Term Investment” was so perfect that many of the stocks in that list have gained decent returns in just 5 days (Current Rally) and I am listing them below.

1. Tulip Telecom - 30 percent

2. Rolta India - 15 Percent

3. Aditya Birla Nuvo - 13 Percent

4. Welspun Gujarat - 15 Percent

5. Axis Bank - 15 Percent

6. ICICI Bank - 15 Percent

7. Punjab National Bank - 15 Percent

This again bolsters my view that best stocks can give you decent returns in the short term and above average returns in the long term. In my last post, I have listed 40 best stocks for long term investment and in this post I list 30 small cap stocks that have great potential. I picked these 30 stocks out of the 482 BSE Small Caps listed in money.rediff.com.

Potential Small Cap stocks

25. Dlink India

26. Deepak Fertilizers

27. Hawkins Cooker

28. Kaveri Seeds

29. BASF India Limited

30. Bharat Bijlee

I am also giving here 3 SENSEX stocks that I did not include in the Best 40 list but I think too good to be left out.

Reliance Industries Limited
HDFC Bank
Sterlite Industries
Readers can list other small cap stocks in the comments section if they know about its future potential.

Kumaran Seenivasan

32 comments:

DARK KNIGHT ABHAY March 19, 2009 at 9:26 AM

hello sirr...

it was a nice post but if u can give some small information about the companies it would help us better..

also can u comment on the rigrous rise in the recent days of many small caps and mid caps .

I THINK U MISSED IKF TECHNOLO IN THE LIST ACCRDING TO DR. KRISHNA IT HAD POTENTIAL OF BECOMING A MULTIBAGGER

Kumaran March 19, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Hi Abhay,

Thanks for your comments. Regarding your request for more information, I will provide it when I write about few companies. Here I just listed the potential stocks. Reg,IKF Tech, You can buy if you are confident about it. But it did not find a place based on the criteria I used.

BULLS March 20, 2009 at 11:28 AM

Hello Mr Kumaran,

I would like to add Time Technoplast, Ess-Dee Alluminium, Bartronics & Everest Kanto among others.

-BULLS

Mohit March 27, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Dear Mr Kumaran,

Thanks for all great posts, Can you also explain on what paramaters you have selected all these stocks and what are the important parameters one should check for small caps .....different from large cap.

Thanks

MOhit

Anonymous,  April 4, 2009 at 10:09 AM

What about Balaji Teleflims

Ravi September 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM

Really great job , I gained and learnt lot form your views.
Thanks a lot for sharing the info.

--Ravindra

Steve October 7, 2009 at 6:45 AM

Tanla Solutions is also one of the best!

Janak October 12, 2009 at 8:02 AM

Sir, do you know where can I get a reliable list of best 50 or 100 small cap stocks in india? I wish to invest rs. 15 lacs and wud go for 3 selected stocks (rs. 5 lacs for each)

amit October 21, 2009 at 8:19 AM

Hi,
You have given the listing of above stocks in the month of March 2009.
I have noticed that most of them have given good returns .. upto 300%.

Can you provide the listing of stocks that we can buy at this time?

Thanks

Kumaran October 21, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Amit,

Thanks for your comments and in fact you are one of the very few people noticed the appreciation of stocks I mentioned here. Stocks like Gayatri Projects which I have listed here have given 700% return since then. Also look at the case of CMC limited,Supreme Infrastructure, Shipping Stocks etc....Right now, you can buy stocks like REI Agro, Parekh Aluminex and Koutons Retail. But you have to give enough time for its growth. Also you can buy telecom stocks for medium term gains as most of them are trading at the bottom. Airtel might give you at least 25% return in next 6 months.

-Kumaran.

divesh November 4, 2009 at 11:55 AM

sir i m a new investor starting from monday,9 nov'09....can u pls provide me some stocks to invest i have 50000 rupees....At this point of time please suggest me some good return stocks from banks....also recommend me some stocks from other sectors where i can invest at this particular time so that i can get good returns in 6 months....i m very bullish for idbi bank and torrent pharma....please comment on both.... thanks in advance.

divesh November 4, 2009 at 1:27 PM

dear mr kumaran,
please provide me with some penny stocks at this point of time whih are worth buying at this point of time which can give me extraordinary results in near future....Thanks in advance sir....

Anonymous,  November 12, 2009 at 3:04 AM

dear reades,

i would suggest all u to buy Nila infrastructures Ltd at ahmedabad. due to merger story the stock is going to swing in near future

Zahi November 21, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Sir,

First 2 thank U. pls give some long termstocks like 4,5 years

Anonymous,  November 26, 2009 at 12:45 PM

hello sir,
can you pl suggest me some good penny stocks at the moment?

Anonymous,  December 23, 2009 at 10:02 AM

Dear kumaran sreenivasan,
I want to invest Rs 1 lakh in small cap stocks with good growth. Kindly enumerate 5-10 stocks which are good in your view. Early reply is requested.

Mitesh Take, Shrirampur,M.S.,  December 28, 2009 at 8:16 AM

hi,
very good selection as i checked all companies performance.Almost all are earning good profit, good growth. Keep it up. I have become your FAN now.

sachin January 5, 2010 at 10:32 AM

hI Sir,
If u please suggest some good small cap stocks which will outperform in 2010.
With Regards
Sachin

Gururajan R January 11, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Hi Kumaran,

Your doing an awesome Job. Its nice to see ur recommendations are wonderful.

There are many people who are looking for Long term investement in Share Market with Small caps.

Once in a month, if you can give few Small caps recommendations suitable for long term investment (say 3-4 years) which can yeild some decent profits, then it would be a commendable job from you.

Recommendations from sectorwise would be much helpful.

This an Humble request from a small investor who is interested for long term investment

Have a nice day
Rajan

Balakrishnan,  January 13, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Dear Kumaran Sreenivasan,

I am Balakrishnan from Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
I want to invest Rs. 5 Lakhs in 5 shares. I can wait for 3-6 months.Please suggest 5-10 good stocks which is fundamentally and technically good.

Thanks in advance
Balakrishnan
balakrish@mail.com

Penny Stocks May 7, 2010 at 5:34 AM

That's really awesome.. I hope I can see more of this.. I am looking forward for your next post..

Jinde July 23, 2010 at 3:56 AM

hi. kumar sir..

its very nice to see ur comments here

i dont know ABCD about shares... but i want do money in shares so for that i want to buy a penny stock shares for nearly 6-8 lakhs.... i can wait for a more than a year...

can u pls suggest any 3 good future companies where more chances to merging with big companies....

regards
Jinde N Surya bhanu

suryabhanu1981@gmail.com

lency September 7, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Assuming that seek more money, never buy any shares when the price rises, is false. If the maximum price is reached at the time of purchase, the investor will have a population or part of the prize that gradually creeps down and ultimately, a loss.

HOA

Penny Stocks September 13, 2010 at 4:35 AM

This Blog is really nice and helpful. We hope our post will be useful for all visitors of this prestigious blog.
Thanks

penny stocks September 24, 2010 at 2:44 AM

Hello sir,
it was a nice post but if u can give some small information about the companies.It's very informative of user.

VINAYAK RAMCHANDRA GODBOLE April 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM

fundamentally best stocks are :

G G DANDEKAR MACHINARY
SESA GOA
ITC STERLITE INDUSTRIES
KABRA EXTRUSSION
TCS
SUNDARAM CLAYTON
SUNDARAM FASTNER
MUNDRA PORT

Top Stocks July 9, 2011 at 2:36 AM

Excellent tips here, well done for sharing this information...

Michael Frayn August 25, 2011 at 5:07 AM

Awesome post.You explain each & every point very well.

Stock Market Today October 13, 2011 at 5:03 AM

I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.

Penny Stocks November 21, 2011 at 1:13 AM

Thanks for this awesome tips....

andrew fields September 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM

Its interesting blog and most of the peoples are get benefits from your blog, so you can use some internet marketing , because now a days Internet marketing is got very popular..This is one of the good online business.

penny stock advice

bhave,  October 27, 2012 at 1:46 AM

dear sir
please name few extraordinary small caps
-bhave

Disclaimer

This is a blog about stock market investments, investment strategies, and related topics. Any statement made in this blog is merely an expression of concerned authors opinion, and in no case should it be interpreted as an investment advice to buy stocks, sell stocks, or for that matter advice for any other issues be it money related or not. By using this blog you agree to (i) not take any investment decision, or any other important decisions based on any information, opinion, suggestion or experience mentioned or presented in this blog (ii) verify any information mentioned here, independently from your own reliable sources (for e.g. a registered investment advisor) and thereby check for possible inaccuracies. This blog is to create investment wisdom among general population and the authors are not responsible for
any decisions that you make based on the information provided here.
Creative Commons License
Stock Analysis Online by Kumaran Seenivasan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.stockanalysisonline.com.